Thursday 15 July 2021

THURSDAY, JULY 15, 2021 - OUTDOOR VBALL AT SMS

 Unfortunately, I think the right thing to do is cancel today due the Air Quality Index (AQI) in Salmon Arm. According to the WHO, Salmon Arm’s AQI is 15x higher than normal toxin levels. I know if we were running PE classes this morning, we would set up the nets inside and run two classes at a time in the gym playing mini volleyball on the badminton courts. So… I hate doing this… we will cancel today and add a day in August. With the smoke being so thick - and I can really smell the smoke in the air when standing on our back deck - it’s not healthy to do activities like volleyball outside. Last night, I found myself coughing a lot after walking Jagger at the wharf. The smoke is thick. 

***Our next outdoor session will be on Tuesday, August 3, from 8AM to 9:30AM. Once again, please check this Blog for info and details. In August, we will run this opportunity on Tuesdays only; however, we will add a Thursday in for today’s cancelation. In August we will be continuing the outdoor volleyball sessions on the 3rd, 10th, and 17th. With a culminating mini volleyball indoor volleyball camp, at SMS on August 23rd and 24th. We are going to charge a camp fee which will be $35 and the money collected will go towards our SMS volleyball and Athletic Program. More information and Details about the volleyball camp in August will be posted on this Blog at the end of July. 

***Again, sorry for today’s cancelation. It’s difficult making these decisions; however, I think it’s the right thing to do. Mr. Henderson and I look forward to seeing all of you in August. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Aaron. Had already decided to keep Grace at home but your decision reaffirms the decision. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. CBD Topicals

    ReplyDelete