Monday 10 April 2023

APRIL 11TH TO APRIL 14TH … SMS ATHLETICS

The best way to improve the team is to improve yourself.”  ~ John Wooden

The best athlete is made during the off-season.” 

Shooting is like breathing, you have to do it every day in order to survive.”  ~ Jay Triano talking to Steve Nash when Steve was in high school. 

As a multi-sport athlete, I played one sport per season and trained everyday, all year long, by playing multiple sports on my own. When I was playing football in the fall, I worked on my basketball skills, played road hockey, played baseball, played tennis, road my bike, I did weights/push-ups/sit-ups/pull-ups… every chance I had because that’s what the best were doing … In the winter, when I played basketball, I threw the football in the gym - at our couch/chair/at the pillows in my room, I played squash/racquetball, I did weights, I was a great PE student (all year round)… In the spring, I did track and field, did football and basketball every day, played tennis, road my bike, hit the weight room hard, played golf… In the summer, I did it all, every day… 300 passes per day… shot hoops and played ball every day… tennis/golf/weights/etc… I was lucky… we didn’t have cable, nor did we have computers or cell phones… The best part of what I did to get better as an athlete, I did it with my friends who were like minded and had the same dreams that I did… Get in the gym, get outside, and work on your game.    

~ Coach Smith

Tuesday, April 11th…

*Volleyball Training Session … 7 AM to 8:10 AM

*Intramural Ball Hockey begins… at Lunch 

*Staff Meeting … No Flag Football After School

Wednesday, April 12th…

*Basketball Training Session… Gr. 6-7-8 Girls and Boys… 7 AM to 8:10 AM

*Intramural Ball Hockey at Lunch

Thursday, April 13th…

*AM Open Gym … Volleyball and Basketball Games… 7 AM to 8:10 AM

*Intramural Ball Hockey at Lunch

*Flag Football After School from 2:40 to 4:00

Friday, April 14th…

*Volleyball Training Session … 7 AM to 8:10 AM








No comments:

Post a Comment